Book and Kitchen is delighted to launch it’s first competion – The Short Story Competition 2015 is aimed at young adults resident in Kensington and Chelsea and is focused around the celebrations of the 150 years of Portobello with a focus on fiction based on the history of Notting Hill.
- Age Group: 17 – 24
- Theme 2015: A fiction based on the history of Notting Hill
- Open for all residents in Kensington and Chelsea
- Prize: Published in the Portobello Lit-up
- Deadline: 30 November 2015
- Announcement: 30 February 2015
Terms and Conditions:
- Short story competition opens for young people resident in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant, cannot be previously published or self – published or won in another competition.
- Entries can not be translation or modification of another author’s work
- Must be written in English
- Stories must be no longer than 2000 words; stories that exceed this number will be disqualified.
- All entries must be between the age ranges of 17-24 as this is a young person’s writing competition.
- By entering, one gives permission for their work to be published in Portobello Lit-up and mentioned on the Book and Kitchen website.
- Maximum of two short stories can be submitted per participant.
- All winners will receive a book token to be spent at Book and Kitchen.
- Entries submitted after date of entry will not be accepted